Working At Steel City
WORKING AT STEEL CITY
A movement bigger than a classroom
Join the Steel City Academy movement as a team member building a school deeply immersed in the Gary community!
Who Are We Looking For?
Steel City Academy team members must possess a deep sense of purpose and personal responsibility around the importance of this work; seek to understand themselves and their colleagues to better achieve a shared goal; show the urgency and joy that accompanies doing something you love; embrace feedback and the challenges to continually better their craft; absolutely love kids and believe their actions directly impact a students’ experience and success.
Joining the Steel City Academy team is a chance for you to:
- Join a mission-focused team relentlessly committed to preparing students for boundless opportunities and strengthening the community of Gary
- Ensure educational equity for all students
- Invest in your professional growth and leadership development
- Teach within an innovative learning community
- Work where you are valued
Your school day, week, and year are structured to ensure you have time for personal and professional growth:
- Two weeks of intensive professional development in the summer
- Professional development sessions every Wednesday
- Personalized coaching plan with weekly observations and coaching meetings
- Shared prep times with content team partner
- Opportunities to lead within your classroom and learn from your peers through team observation structures