WHAT TO EXPECT
All Steel City Academy students will:
- Graduate from high school AND be accepted to a 4-year college
- Take at least one Advanced Placement class (potentially earning college credit)
- Have the opportunity each quarter to catch up and get ahead with mini-courses aligned with your academic needs and interests
- Be exposed to learning outside of the classroom during through summer programs
- Participate in leadership courses, sports, arts, clubs, and other community partnerships that support the whole child
- Will learn in classrooms that are emotionally and physically safe
7:55 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
(early dismissal every Wednesday at 1:55PM)
Yes, and it’s free!
Block scheduling will allow students to earn a full course credit every semester for every class taken. Students will have the opportunity to earn high school credit in junior high.
7th & 8th GRADE
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
9th & 10th GRADE
- Algebra I / II
- US History
- Biology I / II
- English 9 / 10
- Math Lab
- PLTW Engineering
- Pre-Calculus / Trig.
* Math and reading instruction to support students based on their individual skill level and need