WHY STEEL CITY ACADEMY?
We believe the children of Gary deserve to choose an educational experience that will provide boundless opportunities. Boundless opportunity means graduating from high school with a choice of four year colleges and scholarship offers. Boundless opportunity means being able to navigate a range of diverse communities because you have developed the hard academic skills, self knowledge, and interpersonal skills needed to effectively communicate. Boundless opportunity means being able to overcome whatever adversity life throws your way because you have forged a character stronger than steel.
HOW WE’LL DO IT
Provide the best educational opportunity for students in Gary and be amongst the best schools in the state.
- 75% ISTEP pass rate
- Exceed all Indiana state assessment pass rate benchmarks as measured by ISTEP
Strengthen our students’ post-secondary readiness as indicated by rigorous academic results
- 100% of juniors will take the ACT with an average college ready score of 21
- 100% of students will take at least one AP course and the corresponding exam prior to graduation
- 50% of graduates will have passed at least one AP exam prior to graduation
Prepare our students for boundless opportunities as indicated by participation in summer experiences, high school graduation rates, college acceptance rates and college graduation rates.
- 100% graduation rate by earning a Core 40 diploma
- 100% participation in a high level summer experience
- 100% college acceptance rate
- 75% of students accepted into Tier 1 colleges